Day Two - 10 Years


In ten years, I picture myself living on the outskirts of a European city with my husband and (insert number of children out of twenty). I will work full or part time, self-employed as a family or an occupational therapist, specializing in eating disorder recovery. My husband will probably be a mathmetician, but mostly serve in full time in ministry. Our children will attend the local or international primary school nearby. My husband and I will be incredibly sociable people, always hosting dinners for other families. Depending on where in Europe we are residing, our neighbours might perceive our hospitality to be strange, but once they discover I am American, it will all make sense.

It is important to me that my children have a relationship with their grandparents and great-grandparents, so we will travel at least once a year to visit them for an extended period of time. Their grandparents will most likely live a place with a lot of outdoor activities. Their grandpa will take them to the beach/lake/river, park, on long walks and play catch with them during the day. Their grandma will make sure they are well fed and give them plenty of sweets. On rainy days she will delight in entertaining the children indoors with puzzles, movies, games and books.

Assuming my brother will also be residing abroad, he will stop by our residence in Europe during his business trips and holidays. We might also make a trip to see him from time to time. I picture him as the cool uncle who will spoil my children with gifts and make them really hyper and laugh a lot.

We will visit my friends and they will visit us as well. When they come to see us, we will take them on a personal tour of the surrounding city and other tourist attractions. When our kids meet for the first time, they will be a bit shy, but eventually they will warm up to each other and become good friends.

Since I want to have twenty kids, I expect we will be pregnant or in the process of adopting another child at this point in my life. With that comes the process of rearranging the house to accommodate more people or moving to a bigger house. Perhaps we will look to buy a piece of land and build our own house in the countryside.

*Just for fun / laughs. I will be content whatever God has planned for me. *

2 comments:

  1. Love it! How awesome would it be if we were both in Europe? That would make me very, very happy. Now I'm even more curious to see where we end up...
    This 30 day blog challenge makes me want to do it. I like the topics you are choosing! Are you following a plan, or are you naturally a genius?

    ReplyDelete
  2. =) It would be awesome. Basically following a plan, but adding a few of my own topics here and there.

    ReplyDelete