Being a student adds variety to my life. I like learning and everyday is different. Here's a reflection on my week.
This week began with Physical and Cognitive Development in Late Adulthood. I really enjoyed this topic because I feel like the elderly population is forgotten. Since moving here, I have made good friends with two elderly ladies in the community. I am incredibly blessed to have them both in my life and I love them dearly.
Mid-week was a struggle to get through a three hour lab on cellular division. I find cellular division to be the most fascinating concept. It really illustrate the intricacies of life. Hours of studying proved to be almost useless, for when I had to demonstrate the process, it no longer made sense in my hands. Nonetheless I walked away with a greater admiration for God's creation.
Preceding was a lecture on enteral and parenteral feedings. For me this was a bit of a review, as I have known several people with one or both of these forms of tube feedings. I knew where and how they are placed and the terminology used to refer to each one. I have known several people with one or both of these forms of tube feedings. Still it was fascinating to learn about it a little more in depth, how they are formulated to sustain a person for several weeks.
The remainder of the week had a series of beautiful endings. For once I felt content to just be where I am. The daily thoughts of leaving and longing to be elsewhere were abandoned on Thursday afternoon and on.
I was walking back to my flat, when someone said hello to me. Blinded by the sun, which hadn't been present for months, I was unable to clearly recognize their face, but politely responded. They begin inquiring how I was doing, as they had not seen me in several weeks. I then realized who they were; not stranger or confusing me with someone else. They walked with me for aways really interested in how I had been the past few weeks. The conversation was very brief, but it meant a lot to me.
Little things like that just make my week. That and...
To Write Love On Her Arms (TWLOHA- U Chapter). This week I shared with the group how much our TWLOHA chapter meant to me. Daily I am surrounded by shallow-minded, in-compassionate people. It frustrates me a great deal to see people rejected or isolated because they are different. TWLOHA is the one group I have found likeminded people. Every member is so unique and we all have our little quirks, but we all blend together. People always visualize us holding hands and skipping together. Figuratively speaking we do that, but we are also incredibly accepting and open with one another. Deep discussions are the heart of our meetings.We can talk about anything openly in front of everyone with out fearing judgement or rejection.
Another sweet ending to my week was lab review session for our upcoming exam. I expected to my brain to explode with incomprehensible facts by the end. I walked away with my brain fully intact, but my heart melting. With genuine interest two of my peers, inquired about my results from the last lab. I told them about the two questions I missed. Without asking for help, they pulled up their chairs on each side of me and helped me work through my two mistakes. Each taking turns explaining, giving tips and re-working the problem until I understood it completely. My usual hesitation in asking for help is feeling incompetent. Neither one of them made me feel that way.
There are four weeks left in the semester. This week lectures/class meetings are becoming less as work becomes more research oriented. I really enjoy research work because I get to choose topics of interest and express my own ideas. I'm looking forward to the end of the semester. I'm not exactly sure where I am headed next, but I have faith God will reveal where He wants me to be.
Maybe you have seen this before, maybe not. Which way is the bus going?
Post your answer as a comment bellow!
Atlas Hands

I see it as stationary...It could go either way. Is that abnormal?
ReplyDelete